“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men and women do nothing”. Edmund Burke

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fetch

Today my cat has been obsessed with playing fetch! It's so cute. I just love her. And Chase has been super cuddly lately too. Man, I am sooooo going to be a weird cat lady. haha I won't be the classic idea of one... I'll be married and have a bunch of kids running around too. But I love my cats so much... it's probably not quite so healthy. haha But I have to have someone to cuddle with when I am sad or falling asleep. It's not surprise to me that people live longer with pets because they make me so happy!

I had a lot of trouble focusing on school today. The aforementioned situation just kept me so perplexed. I think I have a peace about it for now... I'm just debating whether or not to mention it. The other person involved will read this and not that I mind that... it just makes me more guarded about how much I want to say. I'm not really talking to people about it, other than one friend who has kind of just been someone to share my thoughts with and be a soundboard.

Well, I'll just start typing and see where it takes me I guess...

I have a good friend here in Tallahassee who I have been hanging out with a lot, as I have been with many friends from church. But especially this spring, he and I have gotten really close. And then last night, he said he would like to take me out on a date. But I said no. I don't think he realizes how hard it was for me to say no. And I don't mean out of pity or anything like that. But the logical side of me had already made the decision. I reasoned it out and came to a conclusion. To be honest, I think I was even surprised that I stuck with it. And so for the past 24 hours, I have done a painfully large amount of reflecting.

I went to bed, completely baffled as to whether or not I should have done what I did. I tend to make decisions and that is that. I don't question it. It's resolved. But it wasn't that way at all this time, which made me question myself a lot. I was thinking about it while I was sleeping... which I realize sounds weird but I definitely was. It was the first thing I thought about when I woke up.

I talked things out w/a friend online and started to feel better about it. But I felt like I still had some loose ends to tie up... so I sent him a message on Facebook with a couple of thoughts I didn't really feel that I had a chance to explain at the moment. And the response... I couldn't have asked for anything nicer. I can't even say that I felt flattered because I feel like flattery is somewhat fake... and I knew it was genuine. I was almost crying. It was just really sweet.

But in reality, I know that I don't feel that way in return. At least, not to that extent. I wouldn't let myself. I wanted to guard my heart above all else... because I knew I had to. Sometimes I guess I'm just too wise for my own good, right? All that said, I refuse to date someone out of selfish ambition... and I know that's what it would be right now.

I just don't believe people change for other people. I'm not one of those girls who thinks I can change a guy to be what I want. He needs to be that first. And I don't compromise on that. If someone wants to change, they will do it of their own accord. If God changes my heart in the future so be it, but right now, I know it's the right thing. I have a peace about it.

When it comes down to it, I just want to stop being so self-centered in this situation. I've done a lot of praying and pondering. The next time I date someone, whomever and whenever that may be, I want to know God had His hand in it. I want to know that it could never have happened otherwise., were it not for His leading. The hardest part of that, is that I have no idea what that might look like. I guess I'll have to figure it out.

I feel like these thoughts are all kind of jumbled and incoherent. Sorry. But that's kind of how my brain is right now.

No comments: