“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men and women do nothing”. Edmund Burke

Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday

So I'm officially done with ob/gyn (for real this time!) and officially an M4....aka 4th year med student. I was the only one taking the exam today. There were supposed to be 2 of us. Not sure what happened there. I'll be honest, I'm not surprised in a way based on the effort I saw... anyway, not sure he'll be finishing med school... ever. So that's sad.
But, anyway, it's a good feeling to be done with that chapter! Now I can move on to bigger and better things. Today did my drug screen for UF. This weekend I plan to look into a couple externships if possible in Texas (I keep feeling this draw there).  I went to Whole Foods today for lunch. Got some sushi which was yummy. But for some reason, everyone in there annoyed me. I think because the majority of them are obnoxious old people (Obviously, not all of the elderly are obnoxious, but for some reason the elderly Whole Foods shoppers of Sarasota are.) or people who were there because organic is cool and trendy... not because of the health and environmental benefits. Whatever. Anyway, I sat outside and listened to people discuss how heartbroken they were about some guy she met online whose ex-wife wants to get back together. It saddened me to think about how superficial many peoples' relationships are. They are quick and fleeting, because they are focused on finding themselves fulfilled in that person's company, rather than thinking of giving of themselves to care for the other person.  I just think about how, if I weren't a Christian (or perhaps, if I weren't one seeking a godly relationship- and at the very least attempting, though I couldn't claim to be good at it), relationships would be so much less meaningful. I feel like anyone not approaching it from the godly perspective is missing out. Am I making sense here? I didn't even mean to get off on this tangent.

Anyway... did the lunch thing, did the urine test thing, and then later on did the massage thing! And it was UH-MAY-ZING! Absolutely fabulous! Wonderful wonderful! Ok enough. It was really great.

I also went shopping at Publix. For lots of healthy food. The rainier cherries are buy one get one free and they are sooooooooo delightful! :)  Um, from here on out it's boards study time. The countdown to July 23... watch me go! haha

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear Bonus Pack (1 Marine Scene & 1 Clear)In an attempt to be fun and summery (and not bite my nails during the exam), I painted my nails with this new nail polish. It's about this color. It was like $2.50 at Target. Lovely!

No comments: