“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men and women do nothing”. Edmund Burke

Friday, July 16, 2010

Above Average

I took my practice exam for the one I'll be taking next Friday. Only one week out and how am I feeling? Much better than last time! I'm going to try to push through the lectures in the next few days and focus on practice questions and reviewing. My score was above average though! Woo hoo! I was hoping to be able to make up for my abysmal below average score from Step 1... My "equivalent" score was 5 points below the average for ob/gyn match from last year. So if I can just boost it up 10 or 15 points and be above that average, I hope that should compensate for my step 1 score.  I did better on the actual exam than the practice last year, so I hope the same is true this year. I'm optimistic that the docs in training is helping me. I'm only about halfway, so I'm hoping once I finish, it will really boost my score!

Anyway, I've been pretty motivated (though the past couple days haven't been quite as disciplined about my schedule) so I'm hoping that I can push myself now, having a clear goal and all.

I was going to update this yesterday but I forgot. It's totally random but it made me happy. I went to drop my white coat off at the dry cleaners. They are wonderful! The guy always is quite talkative and calls me doctor when I go in. haha But yesterday, the lady was there. She remembered my name! Then she was like, well, Dr. Meisner. I told her, not quite but almost! :) She asked me when I finished. I told her next May is when I graduate. I'm done with school but not done. She was so sweet, she was like "But that's when we can call you Dr. Meisner, right?" She was so excited for me and congratulated me! It just made me so happy. I am sure I could get my white coats cleaned for cheaper (or free, if I did them at home) but I just love the customer service so much, I want to keep going to them.

Well, I should get started. I was going to go to Starbucks on Siesta Key and then head to the beach for the sunset... which would have been a great idea.... if there were a Starbucks on Siesta Key. I was certain I saw one a few weeks ago. Either I didn't have my glasses on and was way off, or I missed it today because I wasn't wearing my glasses. Either way, I drove across Siesta Key and ended coming back to mainland... and to Panera. Now there's this couple of guys, one of them quite obviously a New Yorker, whining about his wife or something... very loudly. Lucky for me, I brought headphones. :)

I have been meaning to adopt a Worldvision child. I almost did the other night, but it was really late. I have decided to sponsor a HopeChild, which means the child is somehow affected by HIV/AIDS in their community. What country should I adopt a child from?

4 comments:

Wes and Layla said...

Umm...Ethiopia. I'm just partial. Any child in any country would be majorly blessed to be adopted by you! :)

Tiny Hands M.D. said...

haha I knew you would say that! I was thinking about it, but I was thinking since I have learned more about Ethiopia from you... I might try to pick a country that I don't know anything about.

Knight in not so shiny Armour said...

I didn't know you wanted to do this! Its very exciting! My sponsored child lives in Kenya.

Tiny Hands M.D. said...

Oh, I thought I told you that I wanted to when you said you had sponsored one. Anyway, you gave me the idea! So kudos to you!