Today was cool. I thought I was working with a resident in the morning... turns out it was a faculty member. I am actually really loving being with residents. It's fun! hehe But, I have to say, I'm glad i have decided not to do family medicine. As much as I love following patients for long term.... I don't love hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes or people who whine about symptoms that don't really exist. The same resident who told me yesterday that her best friend doesn't love her ob/gyn residency, was whining today about all the crazy patients and that 1/3 of a family practice is pscyh. No thanks! haha
One resident I worked with today in the afternoon was cool. He let me see patients on my own too, and he said really good things about the Ob/gyn residency here in town. If I stay in Florida, I think that's where I want to go.
I walked to Publix today. It was a quasi good idea. I got a workout but i was definitely sweating! Only like .7miles there and back (each way) but on the way back I was carrying groceries, 1/2 gallon of milk and a gallon of water. So I was definitely working up a sweat on the way back!
I saw this article. So, our health care system is that Obama is "fixing" is based on the Massachusetts model. And no one can find a primary care doc there. Hmmm... is this our future? I think so!
Well, I wasted this afternoon watching tv after returning from Publix. Oh well. Ok, bedtime fairly soon. Later!
No comments:
Post a Comment