“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men and women do nothing”. Edmund Burke

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Single again

So I'm single again. I'm still not sure that I made the right decision. I'll continue praying for peace.  I realize this isn't necessarily the end of the road... God may lead our paths to cross again down the road... or He may direct us in other ways. I really have no idea. Either way, I foresee lots of tears shed in the near future. There have already been a good amount of them in the past 24 hours.  Sometimes, I just wish I could have an audible word from God and know exactly what He wants me to do and exactly what He wants from me.


I was catching up with my mom right after the phone call. She told me she may be in the same boat soon. This devastatingly breaks my heart.  When she jumped into that relationship after her divorce from my dad, I warned her to be careful. Then she jumped into a marriage 8 months later. The evil part of me that wanted me to be right, didn't want it to work out... really because I didn't like him.  But once they were married, I figured he would just be a thorn in my side at all family occasions and I hoped for my mom's sake that she was happy somehow.  When she told me today about it what was going on, my heart sank. For once, I wanted so much just to be wrong. She even went as far to say that she was called things that my dad would never have said to her. For her to acknowledge that, after all the angst between my parents, is really big. So please, moreso than me, keep  my mom in your prayers.  It's one thing for a 15 month relationship to end... it's another for a marriage.

But, I still appreciate the prayers too! :) Have a great day, and if you live in Florida, good luck staying dry!

No comments: