Today was a really fun day! We went to the Riverside Arts Market and got to have some yummy food (esp the meat on a stick! haha) and we got some awesome produce and I got some honey and dipping sauce spices and we got some homemade soap. Sooooooooo fun. AND, we made it onto jacksonville.com! Check it out! It only took us a week for our pic to show up on Jacksonville.com. haha
We came down to five points and went to a cute little tea shop that I really want to go for tea! Then we went to an antique shop and Tiffany found a bunch of antique cameras and got a few. We came back and split up the produce and I took a long nap.
We went to a Thai place for dinner which was super yummy! We met up with Tiffany's friend and her husband there, and then went to a bar called Freebird Live, where Tiff's friend's husband's brother's band was playing. It was an interesting time, and an interesting crowd. I have to say, because the music was a bit loud for me (it was punk-ish and we weren't too far from the speakers) and I enjoy people watching, I spent a lot of time just looking around and thinking about how different I am from so many of the people around me. How many of them are completely empty inside? So many of them were there, trying to find joy in drowning their frustrations, sorrows, etc. with alcohol. Loud music is certainly enough to distract you from your worries.. Was I the only Christian there? Were there some there who just enjoy the music? (the few lyrics I did understand were not so edifying). Were there some who at some point had followed Christ with their lives, but have turned to other paths? Were there some who never had anyone talk to them about Jesus? All of these could be true. And it broke my heart. I guess I should have prayed for them as I thought about it. Perhaps I will before bed.
The nice thing about standing and "watching" a band, is that it's really too loud to talk. So I could also just stand and think. I'm at this big turning point and I feel like I keep praying for direction with no answers.
I really need someone to tell me, that it's possible to have someone... a significant other/fiance/husband who would truly do anything for you. That that person would do anything to be with you and spend time with you, if it were an option... and not just because you guilt them into coming. Or making the most of your time together if you don't get to see each other often. I don't mean like quitting a job to be closer.I don't think that's fair. I just mean, well, I think you get the picture. Because I'm thinking that if this is true... if this expectation is at times, possible and not completely unrealistic, then I think it will be easier to figure out where God is leading me.
No comments:
Post a Comment