“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men and women do nothing”. Edmund Burke

Monday, December 8, 2008

Ultimate Refreshment: Part I

I have many things to say about the Jars of Clay concert. Chances are, I will forget many of them and mention them later. I will start with the beginning.

We walk in the door to Palm Beach Community Church and are asked to show are tickets. As Katie pulls them out (they were in row 5, originally at an amphitheater), the lady instructs us to follow this other lady and she begins to lead us past the people standing in line. We keep going. I just assumed we were in a different area and going to some other entrance or a separate line or something. Um, no. We were just brought to the front of the line. For those few minutes of my life, I understood what being a VIP was like. I was completely in awe. But then, in got better. We walk in and the place is tiny (compared to the amphitheater I had envisioned and even the scaled down version I expected after the last minute change in venue) and we are told that we can sit anywhere in the first 5 rows. Um, HECK YES! I will sit 10 ft from Dan Haseltine. So we were in row 2, which probably was about 10 ft from the artists.

From there on out there were no disappointments. Sean came and said hi to us and his mom and her husband sat behind us. Then a couple randomly came up and asked if the seats by us were empty (this isn't the random part) and asked if I went to PBA. Though they looked somewhat familiar and let's face it, PBA isn't huge... but I was like, um yeah. haha They decided to ask us since they thought I went to PBA.

Leeland came on first. I've heard them on the radio some and enjoyed their music but I haven't heard that much. They were pretty great though. Love his voice. And they were just so real. They had some really great things to say that challenged me so much to live my life more boldly for Christ and to remember that leaving the world behind is ok. It can be tough to grasp and harder to put into action but we don't really have a choice and of course, it's completely worth it when you consider eternity.

I wish I had a video of everything that was said last night because there were so many things that just struck such a cord in me. These people are real. They are devoted to God. And it's not watered down. And it's not wishy washy. And it's not sketchy and in the gray area. They are bold. They passionate. They live out their faith in unbelievable ways. It makes me wonder how I get so caught up in myself.

Now that I have caught a glimpse of the time, I think the post is over. Much more to come.

No comments: