“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men and women do nothing”. Edmund Burke

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Side notes from previous posts

Amendments to previous posts:

1. I don't actually hate Starbucks. I simply prefer alternatives. I do think they are questionable for marketing the Red campaign as something that is altruistic. Yes, Starbucks could give 5 cents per cup of specialty drink on 1 day of the year and make more money by marketing that, even when you factor in the donation. However, the money is going to a cause, which is good. Katie made a good point the other night... my hatred is simply displaced. I'm disgusted with the Americans who think that buying a Starbucks drink is their philanthropic contribution and that they buy into such a scheme and most of all, that they need an incentive like buying Starbucks to get them to help others. This is reference to this post.


I have others but they have mysteriously removed themselves from my brain.

No comments: