Well, I'm almost to the end of the week for my first surgery week. Ok, that's a lie. I'm on call this weekend, so I'm going to have a couple more days of it.
I have already confirmed that surgery is not my thing. I will not go into it and I like people who can talk about. However, being in surgery is super cool and I definitely enjoy it even though I know nothing!
Tuesday saw a lap chole (laparoscopic cholecystectomy). Today saw a sigmoid (really transverse) colostomy and a sentinel lymph node scintiography. Tomorrow is anal fistula day! lol
Anyway, it's definitely interesting and good experience and good to learn about for future reference. But boy, I feel like it's gonna be a long 8 weeks.
In other news, I visited Tally this weekend and it was probably my favorite visit there since I've moved. We had an amazing time and I reallllllllly didn't want to leave. I never do, of course. But I probably won't be back up until November when surgery is over, so that sucks. But we saw The Informant, which was hilarious! Saturday we got to grill burgers/eat apple pie (AKA apple she) and visit with about all my close friends up there. Watched The Haunting in Connecticut that night too. Sunday was church, lunch and margarita pie. Yummmmm. Another big hit. :) And then I drove home, almost ran out of gas, and started the week pretty tired!
I got done at 2:30 on Monday and I was done at 4:30 today. My schedule is lighter than on Family med! But I feel like I have so much more to study... not that I have done any of that yet. lol I'm on call 1-2 days a week and every other weekend just about. That's fine with me. I expected it.
Next Friday is our 6 monthiversary. Can't believe it's already here. I remember thinking how far away it seemed. The months fly by now that I'm on my rotations. I can hardly believe it. Hopefully Eddie can come to visit that weekend, since I'm not on call! Wooooooo hoooooooo. If he knows what is good for him, he'll be here. Just kidding! haha But yeah, it'd be fun to hang out so hopefully he can. If not we'll have to make up for it some other time... and I've warned him that we will have a phone date that night and each go to Chili's. I was kidding about the Chili's part. But I might go and get myself that chocolate molten lava cake cuz it's kind of amazing. Man, now I want it! lol
Anyway, my life is kind of a whirlwind right now and I'm looking forward to surgery being over. I don't mind it so much, but once I make it through here, I know the hardest rotation is over. So I'm just praying for energy, stamina, and a miraculous ability to recall information these next 8 weeks! Praise the Lord for scrubs every day though! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment