“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men and women do nothing”. Edmund Burke

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

On the upswing

Sometimes curses are blessings in disguise. No really...

Sunday night I was very disappointed in myself. I forget what it was that did it, but I ended up reading Psalm 119:1-8.

1 Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.

2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.

3 They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.

4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.

5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!

6 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.

7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.

8 I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.

I really felt just like this. Verse5 - If only I could get it right. Verse 8- God, please don't give up on me though I know I'm terrible at getting it right. It was a great comfort.

But like I said, there is some small benefit in the situation... or big benefit I guess. If my mind wanders to a particular situation, like a guy I'm interested in, which would happen fairly frequently in any period of time... and each time I think about that situation, I instantly give it to God. I ask Him to take away the distractions and to let me focus on Him instead... especially this week of stressful 3 quizzes + block exams.... just think about how often I am thinking about the Lord! So it has been a blessing in the sense that, I have thought more on the Lord than I would have otherwise. Funny how that works...

No comments: