“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men and women do nothing”. Edmund Burke

Friday, February 26, 2010

Sick again

So, a couple weeks ago i got to the hospital and felt sick to my stomach and fortunately made it the restroom in time to get sick. I was sent home that day and stayed home for a second day. I was tired and weak but not completely miserable.

About 2 weeks later, on Wednesday after class, I came home and have some stomach cramps. I went to bed and next thing I knew, back in the bathroom with the same problem. And again and again. Until about 3 am. Yuck. I was far more miserable that night than the first time I got sick! Well, apparently Norovirus has been running rampant in Sarasota lately, which is definitely what I have. I had nearly every symptom. Went to a walk-in yesterday since I had a bit of a fever and they said I had tonsillitis too. (I say from stomach acid and dry heaving but she didn't seem convinced.) So they gave me a Zpack. Thanks? Not entirely convinced I need it, but I guess in the event that there is some bacterial infection lurking around within my tonsils, it doesn't hurt to kill it early and avoid infecting someone else. I guess. And for you medical friends out there, why Zithromax and not your run of the mill Amoxicillin? Because I probably don't want to swallow something more than once a day. (Even though I don't really have a sore throat.) So there you have it. 60 minutes of waiting, 5 minutes of interaction and I leave with a Zpack for probably a stomach virus.

The best thing I got out of it was the phenergan. Even today still having a bit of queasiness in my stomach, so I just took one and hopefully it kicks in soon. Unfortunately, it makes you tired so yesterday I answered my phone when Eddie called and I don't really remember the conversation. haha Oops...

So yesterday i pretty much just slept all day. That was great, since I barely slept through the night. I'm hoping to get in some reading before I start getting sleepy.

My diet of about 10-12 saltines and 2 12oz bottles of gatorade for the day should make a great weight loss plan. I predict 5 lbs lost in the next week or 2. I was shocked when I went to the doctor's office and weighed less than I have pretty much since high school. I easily lost 2-3 lbs on Wednesday night. Thanks Norovirus! lol Btw, I don't recommend it.

No comments: