“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men and women do nothing”. Edmund Burke

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Procrastination

Today is a lovely day overall. :)

I woke up early... accidentally left my phone set on 6:15am and so it went off. But I was surprisingly awake anyway (perhaps because the blinds right at the head of my bed are open because the kitties LOVE to climb up and sit there) and it was starting to get light out, so around 6:30 i was lying in bed. I got an email from Dr. Hill (he sent it at 4:36am... does that man ever sleep?!) and told me to keep up the good work! That's a lot coming from him, the not always so encouraging but ever intimidating ob/gyn clerkship director. (Yes, the same man who said "you need to pass the rotation this time or you'll be waiting tables the rest of your life.")

Anyway, I was encouraged by the email and feeling some sudden inspiration, particularly after thinking about how much I accomplished yesterday. (updating my CV and applying to 3 externships) So I suddenly felt the need to write my personal statement for ob/gyn. *shocker* But I typed it up in less than an hour and let it be. I figure at least I have a first draft and I can go back and edit, but it's something to start with. So I felt like I accomplished quite a great deal by 8am today. :)

The midwife was rounding but nothing else was going on so she said I could just go on to church. We had 3 people, most of which, if not all, were being discharged today.

Church was lovely. Good good stuff. Always is. I will probably miss that church more than anything else about Sarasota. I have never been so challenged to live a Christian life, in the purest sense (think the early church in 70AD-ish) and I feel like it is such a treasure.

I took a nap. Got myself, closet, clothes, etc. quite a bit organized back at the house so it looks decently presentable, and headed to Starbucks for some internetage. Now I'm working on some practice questions. But of course, nothing like a good few minutes of procrastination first!

Have a lovely Monday and start to your week!

2 comments:

Erin said...

You will hardly be waiting tables the rest of your life dear!

regina wRites said...

thinking of you :) love your stories :)