Well, it was a full weekend! Where to begin? It's like I fell off the planet... not posting for 3 days? Granted, it was an exam week. It was a pretty rough week, but the weekend has more than made up for it.
Friday
Took my exam. Definitely better than the last one... except maybe pharm. But that's ok cuz last time I aced pharm by some miracle. Came home and napped. Then I cleaned up somewhat, showered, ran to the grocery store & made dinner for me & Eddie. He came over for like 12 seconds but had to go work for an hour, so I waited to make the food. Then I fell asleep. haha So he got back and I made the pizza and we had a yummy salad, pizza, and then were too full to eat the peppermint brownies I made! lol So we chilled for a bit... he went back to work... but it was only 10:15. So I went to Chili's w/ Gaby, Ryan & Maggie.... i got a drink but it was too strong for me to finish, so Eddie came after work and helped me finish it. After Chili's, I came home and went to bed! Oh sleep! :)
Saturday
Got up and went to school... only to find that I had left my ID somewhere after the exam. I had everything together and figured that since I had gotten so much done lately at RedEye, I could just head over there. So I studied pretty consistently from 10-6ish, with a break for lunch and when Gaby & Ryan stopped by.
A little after 6 Eddie and I went for a walk around Lake Ella until he had to go to work. Then I came back and did some practice questions until he came back and we watched Say Anything. Loooooooove that movie! Then I went with him and got to meet the Florida lottery crew and see where the lotto magic happens! haha It was kinda cool... I wanted to get the guy's autograph but Eddie wouldn't let me. haha Just kidding. But, we did get these amazing root beer floats! Sooooooo good. Then we went to this house where Gaby is taking care of the cat and watched The Descent. I don't really like scary movies in general, but it was ok. I kind of do like them better when they are unrealistic because then I have less worries about getting jumpy or whatever. Then I got home, and was completely exhausted!
Todayyyyyyyyyy
Got up and picked up my friend Ingrid to go to church. We went to a brunch at a friend's afterwards to avoid the Mother's Day crowds. I came home and studied some but not enough. Just wasn't as motivated today. I got through a couple hours of stuff. I'll have to step it up this week though! Eddie came over for a couple hours between his lotto fun. We had hot pretzels! yummm. I studied some and then we just talked for a while. Before long he had to leave... and here I am. So I'm just finishing this up, showering really quick and heading to bed hopefully by 12ish! I'm hoping to get up around 7 and make it to school by 8. We'll see.
It's funny how things can change so much in such a short amount of time. There are ups and downs to relationships, life, etc. And I have been learning a lot in the past week or so. I have to admit, the past week or so, I had my doubts about a situation at certain moments. I questioned things a lot. I wrestled with my thoughts/feelings/convictions. I cried out to God (yes, literally cried... for the first time in a really long time) and just asked what He wanted me to do... what does He want from me? And really... that's all. He wants me to ask HIM. He wants to be a part of the process. He wants me to follow Him. Trust was one of my big issues last week. But in the end, it really didn't matter. It doesn't matter what happens, we cannot put our trust in people. Inevitably, people WILL let us down. It's not a matter of if... it's when. But the Lord will not let us down. Neither will He lead us astray. So even when we are feeling like the little lost sheep, we can turn to our Great Shepherd and listen for His voice. And He will draw us near to Him. And we will be safe in His arms and under His protection, no matter what else happens around us. Oh, what a beautiful revelation! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment