“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men and women do nothing”. Edmund Burke

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Life changes

My mom came to visit me yesterday for my birthday. We had a great time! She took me to the Melting Pot for dinner, where we overate like any good American. Then she took me shopping at Publix and we exchanged some tips and recipes and products we like. Came home, watched House and played with the cats... we had my 2 and her 2 cats so yeah, it was catfest 2009. Then after House she made me an old fashioned creme pie. Yummmm. After all the eating, we basically just chatted and went to bed.

She just called me and got home a little while ago. As we said goodbye, she told me that I have become a wonderful young woman and that she loved me. I could hear her starting to cry a bit as she said it.

I really did have a wonderful time with her. It was like old times. I almost forgot how completely stressful and painful our relationship had been for the past 4 years or so. Things are definitely getting better, and I am really grateful for that. It's amazing how much your life can change with time. When I left for college, my mom was one of my best friends. By the time I graduated, I barely wanted to speak to her. Now things are kind of better again. I am not really sure why we went through such rough times and I know God will use it somehow... but I am just so glad that they didn't stay that way.

1 comment:

regina wRites said...

hi lovely girl. i'm sorry we've had such a hard time connecting - opposite schedules when you are here for such a brief window! i hope we can connect soon.

what you said here ... life is a process, messy at times, but it's a beautiful mess as the process isn't hollow but full of refinement. there is hope in this kind of life.

here's to the beautiful mess. :)